¨We don´t cry for men, we cry for Jiu Jitsu¨ Marcy

Friday, December 30, 2011

Argentina and Uruguay

One afternoon in Buenos Aires Argentina I came back to the hostel where Gins told me she had met a group of Jiu Jitsu travelers from Australia and New Zealand. Right away I ran next door, knocked and said "Hey guys sorry to interupt but ar you guys the BJJ guys?" Sure enough they were. I introduced myself and they quickly invited me to train but I was already sold on my plans with Gins for La Bamba that night. I'd later meet up with the BJJ guys in Brazil for the best training of my trip so far.

La Bamba..
We chugged a few beers and headed to this big area and you could hear the drums pounding. Instantly excited me, my hips my butt just started shaking with the rhythms. We bought our tickets and went in. Tons of people dancing like crazy, tourists, locals, beautiful men and women of all colours and styles together enjoying the insanity. The stage was full of musicians, drummers. The beats got right into my body and brought me to life, it seemed to be having that effect on everyone. We held massive beer cups the size of our torsos...it felt that big. It spilled down my shirt as we walked through the crowds of people and it was such a crazy experience seeing so much energy in one place.

It was the day I had to leave for Uruguay at the last attempt to get my Visa for Brazil. Within the last 30 minutes I managed to get some company..GINS! We are probably THE worst pair together for making decisions. If you want things done, just make sure me and Gins aren't together and I'm sure it will happen. We are both just so go with the flow that when it comes to making plans, it seems just so unlike us to have things organized. We took a ferry over to Colonia Uruguay and then a bus ride to Montevideo. The town was quiet and we were just there for the experience. Arriving at the hostel we got ourselves set up with chinese noodles and sandwich ingredients for the most affordable meals ever. Paired with the cheapest of all vodkas we really treated ourselves hahaaha. We had a good night started out with a traditional bbq followed by a night out with some locals. It seemed a little lower in energy comparatively from Argentina and Colombia but we made do with what we had. 









I ran into  hard time with a local I met; after that experience I had this journal entry to lift myself up...

It's been a fucking wild jounrey the people I've met, bonded with and said goodbye too. Nothing can bring me down. I have to always remember to stay true to myself. Don't get offended if someone says something you don't like. It's their opinion and is not a reflection of myself . The same goes for my opinion of others.  I am in no place to judge anyone or anything. I learned the hard way these past 3 days in Uruguay with the most difficult person I've ever encountered in my life. I am at least appreciative for the learning experience. 

The most anticipated moment of my entire trip...BRAZIL

No comments:

Post a Comment